Extrication teams have signed up for this challenge in great numbers through the event website.
About the teams
From all registrations a total of 29 teams¬†from 16 different countries have been chosen at random with a maximum number per country and continent. These countries are:
- The Netherlands
The 3¬†winning teams are:
- BEST OVERALL TEAM: Meath County Fire and Rescue – Navan, Ireland
- BEST TECHNICAL TEAM: Bombers Generalitat Granollers – Granollers, Spain
- BEST TEAM SPIRIT: GER Rescue Ladies – Obertshausen, Germany
See all photos and¬†videos on our homepage!
Scenarios, preparation and evaluation
For six days one team after another was¬†challenged to respond to a unique 20-minute vehicle extrication scenario. Before getting hands-on with their scenario each team received a Holmatro Equipment Familiarisation Training, a Masterclass on Practical Cutting Techniques and New Car Technology. Contestants were¬†judged on their performance in command, medical and technical skills. Judging criteria include use of the Team Approach, use of tools and techniques, medical assessment, victim handling, on-scene communication, general performance and¬†overall team spirit.
A group of international assessors observed each extrication challenge and gave a debrief to each team afterwards.¬†They also determined the overall event winners.
All cars used in the extrication challenges are¬†new! We¬†want to give¬†rescuers¬†throughout the world¬†the unique opportunity to practice their skills on a modern vehicle.
Fantastic prizes for the winning teams
- BEST OVERALL TEAM: Holmatro Rescue Tool Set worth ‚ā¨ 20,000
- BEST TECHNICAL TEAM: Holmatro Rescue Tool Set worth ‚ā¨ 10,000
- BEST TEAM SPIRIT: Holmatro Rescue Tool Set worth ‚ā¨ 5,000
Each team receives:
- Free INTERSCHUTZ entrance tickets for two days
- Two copies of the Holmatro training book ‚ÄėVehicle Extrication Techniques‚Äô
- Holmatro SafetyPen for each team member
- Video of their performance
- Holmatro VIP treatment¬†on our booth and¬†in the event area